Are you interested in helping to make you downtown and community a better place? We have many different opportunities so you can get do what works best for you – help a little or get very involved. Even a little bit of effort can make a big difference!
Ready to get started? Fill out our
If you have any questions or would like more information, you can contact the Chair of the DDA: Beth LaPensee (email@example.com)
There are many ways that you can get involved with the Heart of Dundee. General opportunities include:
- Photography/videography at events and activities – capture the moments that make our downtown special
- Graphic design for promotions, advertising, website, etc. – create materials that help us to represent and promote our downtown
- Public relations/reporter – press releases and coverage of events and activities
- Social media promotions – help to manage our suite of online tools for communication (Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr…)
- Research and data entry – help to document the history of Dundee’s downtown. Research and capture important information about the buildings in the district.
Specific Projects, Programs, and Events
In addition to the general opportunities described above, there are several project, programs, and events that could use your assistance. These include:
- Farmers Market – Help to plan and coordinate special events and/or ensure that the market runs smoothly every week.
- Car Show – We want to grow the Car & Motorcycle Show into something that the whole village wants to participate in. There are many ways to help with this soon-to-be community event.
- Alley Redesign – We are working on a project to turn part of the driveway new the parking lots off Ypsilanti Street into a public seating area. We need help in designing and enacting this plan.
- Google Workshops – Are you a computer whiz? Are you interested in helping small businesses? We could use your help running Google workshops to teach businesses how to manage their Google profile and helping to followup afterward.
- Featured Businesses – We will do a regular spotlight on our downtown businesses. Work here includes selecting a business to feature, talking to the owner and staff to learn about them, taking some photos, and writing an article.
- Flower Basket Program – We need volunteers to help ensure that our beautiful flowers flourish throughout the spring, summer, and early fall.
- Main Street – If you are interested in the overall success of our downtown, including historic preservation and revitalization, we want to talk to you! We are working to be accepted to the Main Street Program and are looking for people who are passionate about downtown to help out.
Other Ways to Help
- Hold a ‘Block Party’. Invite your neighbors and friends and we will come and give a short presentation about the program. Make it fun! The success of a Main Street program depends on the support of the people who live there and care about improving and preserving their Downtown. Main Street is a grass-roots community volunteer effort!
- Spread the word! ‘Like’ our Facebook page and share it with your friends! Every lit bit helps.
- Have suggestions? Send them to the DDA Chair: Beth LaPensee (firstname.lastname@example.org)