As I’m sure your are aware, we made some significant changes to the Dundee Farmer’s Market this year. As with any major change, there will be a period of adjustment but we are really quite happy with how the new market is shaping up.
As a reminder, the farmers market is held every Sunday from 10:00am to 3:00pm right downtown in the triangle.
Here are some details:
- We are averaging about 12 vendors per week. One week we were up to 18 vendors!
- Each week there are 200-300 shoppers.
- More shoppers visit the business side than the bandstand side so be sure to check out both sides when you come!
- 1:00-2:00 tends to be the busiest time.
- We are seeing lots of families and people walking to market
- Many people come for the market and also visit downtown businesses or vice versa.
The biggest challenge for the market so far has been the weather! Such a cool spring and dry summer meant that the veggies didn’t come in a early as usual. But they are in now!
Market vendors and shoppers have enjoyed many different special events and activities, including: donut day, pie baking competition, Hike it Baby demonstration, live musicians, and more. Upcoming events include:
- August 14: Vintage/Antique Street Market
- September 11: David Zinn Chalk Artist PLUS Chalk Art Contest
- September 18: Street Art Fair at the Market
- September 25: Chili Cook Off
Be sure to stop by any Sunday to see what is going on. There is always something new!