We think this is going to be an exciting year! During the winter months, we have been getting a lot of planning done for the coming year. The first bit of news to share is that we have had some changes in board membership. The current board includes:
- Beth LaPensee (Chair) – Resident
- Lyle Jaworski (Vice-Chair) – Business Owner, Uncle Lyle’s Tavern
- Mima Kubiske (Secretary) – Business Owner, David Arthur Consultants
- Marcella Osenbaugh-Valle – Business Owner, Cella-Mar Studio of Hair
- Denny Polito – Business Owner, Antiques, Collectibles and Upcycled Treasures (below Swan Creek)
- Terry Potts – Resident, Property Owner
- Mary Schultz – Old Mill Representative
- Dave Uhl – Village Representative
We have also had to say goodbye to two of our previous board members: Denny Nisch and Sean McClellan. We look forward to working with them on downtown projects, even if they won’t be able to be on the board anymore. Thank you both for all you have done!
Now, we have 3 big goals for 2016 that you will be hearing more about throughout the year:
- Establish a comprehensive revitalization program. In order to ensure the long-term success of our downtown, we will be applying to the Michigan Main Street Program. There is a lot of work to do to get accepted but it will pay off! More on this one soon…
- Strengthen our support and services for businesses. We believe that the more we support our businesses, the stronger our downtown will be. That goes for all of our residents and visitors as well as the DDA. We will be looking for new ways to make this happen. This includes fun retail events, like Shop Small, as well as support in promotions and outreach within the community.
- Improve upon our existing assets. There are so many great things about our downtown. We want to focus our efforts this year on engaging the community and making the Heart of Dundee even stronger. You will see, for example, a big focus on the Farmers Market, growing the fall car show to be more general interest.
As we progress through the year, we will share info about all of our efforts… plans, successes, and opportunities for you to get involved!